All about CELL PHONES

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cell Phone Headset

Everything is going wireless these days and having a wireless headset is popular. A person can do multiple tasks and it would be great not to hold your phone’s handset. Yes, it is indeed useful.

It’s not surprising that entrepreneurs and corporate employees would think this would be beneficial. I’ve heard comments like “It’s the coolest thing! You can be talking to a client while you run to the break room to get coffee.” If I was sold on the idea then I would buy one off the rack easily. But, I’m not.

Don’t get me wrong. I love wireless gadgets but not the headset kind.

First thing, it isn’t as comfortable as you think it is. It uses your ear to keep in place and it is painful to use for long periods of time. As an example, if you are a call center agent, this would look “trendy” and “cool”.But, after such time, they decided to pick a normal headset to cover both ears. I see people using them still pressing them closer to their ears. This means despite of the great audio quality, it still isn’t perfect.

Lastly, it looks a bit funny to see someone talking by himself beside a coffee maker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home